Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wicked Lazy Detox Day/Clothes.

Health issues are a bitch. Not to be a pity party, but I will briefly say to those who do - stop consuming fake sweeteners! I knew this, yet over a few months have had a bit of an affair with Coke 0, drinking up to a 2-liter (gross, I know) a day. That doesn't do good things to your body, peachies. Nasty skin, never sleeping, serious stomach bloating, aching joints, some weight gain, mood downs and possibly other, TMI issues.

I quit a week ago, and after significant improvement decided today was a perfect opportunity for a detox day. Light, easy to digest food, lots of green tea and water, and I feel slimmer, more energetic, and less like ass.

Ok, now on to the real sort of substance.
I am in love with all the ladies out there that post regular pictures of their gothy wardrobe. Too lazy to link, google AdoraBatBrat, SophistiqueNoir, and gosh, so many others.

I'll post something someday, honest. Never to such frequency for these reasons:
1) In an attempt to remain less of a stuff horse, I don't want to exceed my current wardrobe size and would run out of new looks
2) I work 50 hours a week between an office and manual labor job, spend about 9 hours a week in the car, and still try to spend some time with my boyfriend and roommates, read books and exercise.
3) Lazy

Ok, excuses aside, I've been trying to vamp up the daily wear a bit. I have some really nice clothes. A friend suggested I get rid of the usual fallbacks - the t-shirts and plain jeans and never, ever go out the door in yoga pants. I should take her advice, she always looks fabulous and could create an amazing fashion blog if she so chose.

Kinda extreme to get rid of my beloved t-shirts, so for now I just try to avoid 'em when not at my srs labor job.

Here is a snap someone took while at a museum: Ok, never mind. Black on black in low light is not terribly impressive. And here is... *sigh* Ok, nvm. Where are the good pictures of me? Ok, fine. Here. Better than nothing:


A little bit billy from my recent vacation in NY. Slouchy after a long day walking and checking out the Metropolitan.

No comments:

Post a Comment