Saturday, May 14, 2011

Confidence Building Exercises

This is what I googled today.

Sometimes I'm on top of the world! But when I fall... Well, I fall hard and tend to remain paralyzed, stunned and self loathing, and have a hard time getting back up. At least, I used to.
It really is easy to stand back up and start running again.

I really need to work on are interrupting myself when I go into a bad place and reminding myself daily of the good things, of all the amazing things in my life that are results of my hard work.

Mantras, affirmations are cheesy but really work well for me. It helps to write them down... I love the physical sensation of ink going onto paper, and to see the results of what is coming from my mind concretely laid down in my handwriting really cements it.

I remember a conversation where I was musing about the gradual goth takeover of my life that is occurring, and she said something along the lines of, "Well, maybe that is a good thing? Goths always look super confident."

When I googled "confident goth" one of the first pictures was the Lady of Manners of Gothic Charm School - a super confident person person indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment