...is (much of) a gamer.
Weird, because I'd always thought I'd make a good one.
A combination of a limited attention span, dislike of doing one thing at a time, slow reflexes, annoyance at arbitrary rules, and perhaps worst of all bad sportmanship rule out a majority of the commoner games.
Some exceptions are trivia games, puzzles, basic deckbuilder boardgames, stuff like Bang!, Fluxx, a bunch of the shorter Steve Jackson games. Once I played Settlers of Catan and that was fun. Battlestar Galactica was not.
Dungeons and Dragons? Nope, too long (the group I played with had 10 hour sessions) and I argue with the DM.
Magic the Gathering? I don't give a crap about building my deck super well and only really play against tournament level friends, so inevitably lose. Over and over. Fuck you Jace.
40k? Ok, too poor for it. And who're we kidding? I can't take models seriously.
Any console or computer? Well, that is practically another post but lets leave it be with the catchall "slow reflexes" explanation.
My dwarf lass in D&D was drawn excellently
I altered a forest once, then got bored after realizing it might only sell for a few bucks.
I love building and painting 40k models - and I'm starting a fantasy army just from the boyfriend's winnings.
It has been suggested I might like Harvest Moon. My computer wouldn't run it. Well, maybe the really old one. DDR took me a very long time to get to medium, and my tenacity there was only because I needed the exercise.
Oh. Once I tried Vampire, the Masquerade. Larping ain't for me. Vampire posers. *mumbles incoherently*
Part of me thinks there is something else out there for me, and if I find it I will latch on to it like all kinds of crazy. Until then, I will still feel slightly inferior about my nerd/geek status.
No comments:
Post a Comment