Friday, December 10, 2010

I

I need focus. I need to write certain things in such a way as to track and motivate myself to certain changes. I love hardcopy, and won't give up my composition book for rambles, stories, introspective emobabble, and immediate thought dumping, and I'll primarily keep my running log on hard copy too.

This blog is to review and note interesting information I find on the internet, books I read, stuff I'm trying to implement in daily life and to generally document my self improvement.

This is an exercise for myself as I explore my options to make myself a better, happier, more fulfilled person.
It probably won't be the greatest read, but it isn't for you :)

Here is where I begin/continue from:

I live with my dad and his difficult girlfriend, on a boat, with most of my possesions stored in my two door coupe. I don't really have much by way of physical things. A laptop, a camera, a trunkful of clothes, a few boxes of apartment things stored in a garage.

My debts are few. Every six months I pay for my mailbox and car insurance. Monthly, I pay my credit card bill.

I feel like I shop too much, that it is a typical consumer addiction to buying and though in perspective is less than many of my friends' habits, I am working to be less motivated by the act of buying and to buy what I truly need.

I have an ok job. Not quite enough to rent a room somewhere else, but plenty for gas, food, and little luxuries.

I have an associates degree from the local community college and recently finished a certificate for a pharmacy technician license.

I don't want to work at my current job much longer since I'll lose hours after the end of the year and though fun, is not what I would like to do for much longer.
I don't particularly want to be a pharmacy tech and think I may have wasted these last three months and related opportunity cost on it. This remains to be seen.
I am taking a paleontology class that I find very interesting and fulfilling.

I eat borderline healthily, but there is lots of room for improvement.
I exercise about three times a week, running, pretty much any day I do not work. My job is very physical and provides more than the recommended amount for minimal health.

I have an extremely devoted boyfriend that I get along with quite well and would venture to say that I love. We understand each others little foibles and manage to gross people out with our continued devotion after eight months, long enough that it perhaps could have worn off.

I am generally happy, and I believe it is more of a mindset than a circumstance.

I also have ambitious plans for self improvement in the forms of education, travel, physical health and emotional life:

- In the next two months, I will be buying and moving into a motorhome.

- I hope to spend several years overseas somewhere with nothing but the contents of a backpack and my wits.

- I want to run a marathon.

- I ultimately want a PhD in something

- I want to passably speak a handful of languages

Ultimately, my goal is to avoid 9-5 conventionality and to live life however seems right at the time - to meet new people, have many experiences, learn constantly and be the best person I can be. This bog is going to be all about me, if you cannot already tell from the ridiculous use of I.

No comments:

Post a Comment